- Is Stamped Concrete slippery ? This is a popular question. We at Imagine Concrete install “ Sure Grip “ in our sealer for ALL of our projects. This micro granular silica sand gives the sealer a bit of a texture to it and this alleviates the “ slipperiness “ issue.
- Do we use color hardeners or integral color for our concrete coloring ? Imagine Concrete uses ONLY integral coloring for all of our projects. Color Hardeners have their place in our industry, for example, performing borders which are a different color than the project itself, or if you are using them to “ highlight “ the project with additional color choices. When integral colors are used, the entire thickness of your project is the color that you have chosen, not just its top surface as with color hardeners.
- How often do I need to reseal my Stamped Concrete project ? We give all of our projects 2 (two) coats of sealer. Depending on weather conditions as well as traffic patterns, we tell all of our clients that you should reseal your project every 2 (two) years, or as necessary to leave a protective seal to your project.
- How do I know if my Stamped Concrete needs sealing or not ? There is a simple test that you can perform yourself. Take a bottle of water and pour some on the area that is in question. If the water “ beads up “ like if it were on a waxed car surface, then your sealer is still fine. If the concrete changes color drastically and looks vibrant again……..its time to reseal.
- Can I have my driveway in Stamped Concrete ? Of course. We install them often. The only thing that we recommend is that you either use a snow blower or a plow with a rubber blade on the bottom of the plow. Stamped Concrete driveways have gained in popularity and you can easily find a Snow Removal Professional that can accommodate your needs for this issue.
- Can we incorporate some curves in our design or do we have to go with straight lines ? We encourage our clients to express to us whatever they are looking for. We have NO problems forming anything that you are looking for, whether that be curves or utilizing straight lines.
- Can we use salt or ice melting products on our Stamped Concrete project ? Salt or any other ice melting product, should NOT be used in the first year what-so-ever. If an ice melting product is to be used we recommend finding one that is the most “ concrete friendly “ that you can. Let it be known, that there is NO product that will be 100% concrete friendly and not cause problems, some are better than others though.
- Can we install a retaining/sitting wall next to our Stamped Concrete project ? Yes. When we excavate your project area, we will install 4”-6” of Crusher Run #1 and compact. In the area of the wall, we will excavate 10”-12” of Crusher Run #1 and compact. The two “ mediums” can be installed next to one another easily, with no issue.
- Can we install a fire pit right on top of our Stamped Concrete patio ? We recommend that you do NOT. We would rather leave the area of the fire pit with ONLY its Crusher Run #1 base. When installed in this manner, there will be no heat issues with the concrete and there will be a way for the water to dissipate and not sit in your fire pit.
- Will ambers or sparks damage my new Stamped Concrete ? The occasional amber of sparks that land on your project can only damage the sealer, the concrete will NOT be effected at all. The sealer “ burn mark “ can be easily repaired if it becomes bothersome to you.
- Am I limited to using propane tanks for my Outdoor Kitchen appliances ? Not at all, as long as you have an existing Natural Gas service in your residence we can install a new line to your new Outdoor Kitchen project by tapping into the existing.
- What kinds of countertop can we choose from for our Outdoor Kitchen ? Your countertop is limited only by your imagination. We can use a soapstone, limestone, granite, marble, or even a custom concrete countertop. Our concrete tops can match the “ scheme “ of your new project. The choice is up to you.
- Can we have a sink incorporated in our Outdoor Kitchen project ? Of course, we can tap into your existing water supply in your basement and run the lines to your project area.
- What other options are there for cooking other than a Gas Grill ? We can incorporate a Charcoal Grilling Area, a Wood Fired Pizza Oven, or even a Wood Fired Smoker into your project.
- We have a general idea for "what we want, we just cant imagine" how it all fits together, can you design something for us ? We will come out to your residence and take measurements, listen to your wants and desires, and then commence to devising your custom plan. Not only will we give you a design, but we can furnish 3D renderings so you can “ envision “ what your project will look like when complete.